Hey good-looking peeps,
Tis a Monday and such a great start to the week if I do say so myself. I promise from here on out I won’t be a slacker and I will get these posts back on track like nothing everrrrr happened (pretending like you didn’t get destroyed last semester and just moving on is harder than you would think!) But anyway, I have got loads of fashion & fitness coming your way, so grab some popcorn and hunker down. And and and if you didn’t understand my reference in the title, please take a brief moment to ask yourself how your life went so awry and take the time to watch 13 Going on 30, you wont regret it. 🙂
Today I am chatting about the unsung heroes of a summer wardrobe along with the best things to do in Reno this summer. 🙂 It’s a twofer today since I assumed most people would give up reading a whole post about skirts after the 2nd paragraph. But you can’t do that.. stay with me, people.
Photos by Ashlyn Lee
So first up are the unsung heroes of summer wardrobes which are, drumroll please…. chambray and skirts. Now I know I am not reinventing the wheel here, more like giving you a friendly reminder as to why these should be key pieces in your closet/life. Chambray is totes casual and looks so cute with patterns, white denim, textured pants.. literally anything. It is also super lightweight to keep the excessive sweating at bay. And the second bigshot are skirts. I know, very unoriginal Ciera, but I feel like they are very underappreciated. Unless you have a thigh gap (which who REALLY does?), you are fully aware that chafing is a part of short-wearing life, so wear that skirt instead and feel the breeze. 🙂 they can also be dressed up or down for any occasion and worn a ton of different ways! Take a looksee at my other faves to get you all ready for a summer full of chambray, skirt-wearing fun!!! (that was cheesier than I intended)
And nowwww onto the things to keep you busy now that you are looking all cute in your new getup. Once again, not reinventing the wheel here, just some ideas!
- Float the river – a Truckee/Reno tradition you have to do once in your life just to say ya did it. Freezing but worth it, I think..
- Walk around, drink, eat and experience midtown – they are always adding new things, so I promise you won’t run out of things to do. And you could definitely rack up that credit card at Nomad or Sierra Belle.
- Climb some walls at Whitney Peak – the perfect combination of exercise, fun, and possibly a debilitating fear of heights.
- Go to the humane society – I know this one sounds like an odd one, and most people don’t hang out there like I do buuuuuut there’s a first for everything. The dogs just want some love and I swear they will make your day so much better once they warm up to you. Don’t stick your fingers through the fences though, that’s not allowed (sadly.. and not that I know this from personal experience or anything)
- Make it a sampling night of eating at Food Truck Friday – loads of food options all in one place is most definitely somewhere I would like to be. Meals on wheels but even better.
- Relax at Tahoe – it’s pretty, (hopefully) warm, and a close place to hang out and enjoy the sun. Wear sunscreen though, the initial Tahoe burn is all too real.
- Watch some baseball – Ace’s games are always a good place to spend a Friday or Saturday and enjoy the summer nights and crazy fireworks Reno has to offer.
So like I said, nothin too crazy, but hopefully a couple of ideas to live your best summer. Have a great Monday!