Hey hi whatcha doin,
Haps Thursday my pretties! One day closer to the weekend and actually getting a decent amount of sleep compared to the nightly 4-5 hours during the week. Huzzah! I cannot even tell you the amount of times I have yawned within the last 48 hours. I don’t even notice it anymore.. one second I am fully awake and then the next my mouth is wide open, one eye is closed, and I look like I’m waiting for someone to throw a gummy bear in my mouth while also closing my eye after squeezing lemon juice in it.. I just can’t win. If that didn’t paint a pretty picture of my yawning behavior, I don’t know what will.
But anywhoooo, for all of those wondering.. my hair is pink. And not like a 7th grade emo vibe with bangs all the way across my face and me saying ‘rawr :D’ a lot, but instead like a cute little rose gold pinkish tint. I am sure my pink hair means nothing to most of you, but the temporary tint on my hair is a segway into me telling you that it is time to change up your boring hair routine. I also get stuck in a hair rut once in awhile when my hair has the same curl going for 4 days or so (may also be because I don’t wash my hair very often, but don’t judge me). Ya know that week when your hair looks like it hasn’t seen a shower, blowdry or other heat tool in ages? Well I am here to help you out and give your hair a little pizazz.
The best part about hair is that it grows back. I am going to say that one more time for those in the back, front, and middle that chose not to listen.. HAIR GROWS BACK. I really am the least attached to my hair when it comes to getting beautified. I mean in physical terms, yes my hair is very attached to me, but metaphorically I could do anything to it and remember that I can try again next time. You could dye your hair dark brown, hate it, (wait a safe 6-8 weeks to not fry it off) and add in some highlights to get you on your way back to blonde. You could chop off 12 inches and hate it the next day, but the good news is that extensions are a thing or crazy concept here… HAIR GROWS BACK. Anyway, our hair deserves some tender love and affection and a little bit of newness if I do say so myself, so here I am with my hair favorites to spice up your hair life. 🙂
- Plastic twirly twirl hairties – clearly not the technical term, but Invisibobble hairties have saved my gosh dang life. They don’t leave creases in your hair and I loveeee that you cant see them when up in a bun. Disclaimer: they are like all other objects you put in your hair, if you aggressively pull them out they will rip your hair.. that’s user error. 🙂 Also, they do stretch pretty quick but last forever.
- Kristen Ess Rose Gold Tint – this is the stuff that is in my hair to make it pink. Ya know when you just have those days where you feel like you want a quick changeup that won’t haunt you for the rest of your life? Try this stuff out for a fun pastel look. Disclaimer: it does turn your bathtub pink, but there ain’t nothing a magic eraser can’t clean up.
- Hair accessories – I am pretty sure I have mentioned these about 68392 times in the past month or so, but I guess I am really passionate about hair accesorization. There is nothing easier than throwing on a bandana as a headband or adding a bow to pretty pretty braid.
- Hair masks – Do NOT overlook a conditioning treatment for your hair. Just living in this cruel world is harsh on your hair, so you need to give it the love it deserves. Split ends will never be in style, so take care of em now!
- Trim your gosh dang hair – this isn’t a product, just a suggestion.. I also used to be that person that went in and asked for 0.005 millimeters to be trimmed and was very upset when it looked closer to 0.006 mm gone. Freshly cut hair is healthy hair, so take off an inch or so and your hair will thank you.
That was a lot of hair talk, and even the word ‘hair’ now doesn’t seem like a real word.. but it is, and it’s also a real thing so take care of it! Until next time!