Well hello there,
HAPPY NEW YEAR PUNKIN BEARS!
I am finally back from the longest hiatus in what seemed like the history of ever. School got the best of me at the end of last semester (still got a 3.9 though so don’t you worry) and honestly writing blogposts sounded much less comforting than a couple hours of sleep. However, that’s beside the point now because I am back, and better than ever, babay. It feels a little weird coming back to write a blogpost, almost like I am starting over… but no better time to get a fresh start than now!
So obvi with the grand festivities of New Years Eve, comes the New Years Day giddy up. The first day of the year brings a new beginning and marks 1 of 365 in your life book (there are so many other clichés I could list here, but I will save us all the despair). So unless you ended up in jail on December 31st from going just a little too hard (which if you did, that is super cool that you are using your internet time to read my blog, ILY so much), you really have no excuse to make a change for the better.. So girls and boys, let’s talk resolutions.
Photos by Ashlyn Moreno
SHOP THE POST
I am a major resolutioner (new year, same me.. making up words on the daily). And first on my resolution list should probably be to use less parenthesis in blogposts, but we will revisit that at another time. Whether you believe in the power of January 1st or not, setting goals is never seen as a bad thing. This new year celebration just gives you the perfect excuse to really hunker down and get to work. My advice to you is to set small goals, then big goals, then even gosh dang bigger goals than the ones you set before. And I would like to point out that no resolution is dumb (unless it is something like you want to experience getting attacked by an alligator.. that is just plain stupid).
So in the spirit of you categorizing, prioritizing, and altogether just improving your life, I am going to share a few of my resolutions with you. 🙂 Here’s hoping you all hold me accountable because ya girl needs the support.
- Write and publish AT LEAST two (yes, I said 2) blogposts each week. I will stick to this gosh dangit.
- Build my booty. I’m not really thinking Kardashian status, but you better believe I am going to squat and deadlift my way to a little more junk in the trunk.
- Be nicer to myself. It’s not always easy to be your own biggest fan and some days I will admit that I am much harder on myself than I should be.. but I am gonna be the nicest girl I have ever met.
- Be kinder to everyone for that matter. You know the saying, “throw kindness around like confetti”? Well guess what, I am going to straight up deck you in the face (nicely) with kindness confetti. We could all use a little more kindness. 🙂
- Do one pull up.. yupp, you guessed it, still can’t do a pullup. Better luck this year.
- GRADUATE COLLEGE . OMG YES IT’S HAPPENING, PEOPLE.
- Get an internship – so if you know anyone in need of an addiction treatment services intern, hit a girl up. 🙂
- Not eat peanut butter for every meal. Like not joking either.
- Have a sorta kinda semblance of some chiseled abs.. not like a 6-pack, but the kind of abs where if you squint both eyes, spin around 4 times, and blink really fast.. then you’ll see them.
- Last but not least, be the sassiest, kindest, funniest, and most well-dressed version of myself for the coming year.
These aren’t all of my resolutions, but a girl can only reveal so many secrets about herself. 😉 Anyway, I hope that 2019 is the best year yet and everything you set out for it to be. Make those resolutions, change for the better, and let’s hope I get less sappy by my next post. Thanks for coming back and reading once again, friends. Love you so much. <3